We’re unfortunately back again with another covid-19 announcement… Entering a third lockdown isn’t the start to the year that we’d all hoped for, but it has been confirmed by Boris Johnson that we will now be entering stricter restrictions. Back to the home offices we go.
What are England’s new lockdown rules?
We must stay at home and only go out for certain reasons, such as for food, medication, or exercise. Once again it is illegal to leave home without a “reasonable excuse”. In fact, if you don’t have one, police can fine you £200 for a first offence – then doubling for further offences up to a maximum of £6,400! After Christmas? We could do without that.
So for the time being, meeting anyone outside of those we live with will have to go on pause. Zoom quiz anyway?
What can I leave home for in lockdown?
- Shopping for essentials such as food and medicine
- Meeting your support or childcare bubble
- Children can move between separated parents
- Working or volunteering where it is “unreasonable” to work from home. This includes work in someone else’s home – for example nannies, cleaners and tradespeople
- Education, training, childcare, medical appointments and emergencies
- Religious worship
- Moving house
- Exercise outdoors once a day
Together we can all get through covid-19. For any businesses worried or struggling right now, we’ve created a free brand health check to analyse your branding, website, and social media. Offering expert recommendations and tips to keep your brand ahead of the game.
Stay safe, stay home, look after each other.
For updates on Covid-19, check the government website at: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus